Ehalalfood.com and its affiliates (“Company”), may take your personal information when you communicate with us either by log in to our website or contact to our customer service and the information that we collected from you may be used and will be kept confidential.
By accepting our Policies, Terms & Conditions and Agreement(s), you expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
Your personal information about available to us only when provided by yourself. The following users’ personal information are collected and stored by us:
- email address
- postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or dispatch an item
- date of birth
- gender information
- financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers (depending on services used)
- transactional information based on your activities on the Website
- any other information from your interaction with our Website, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
Randomly, we may request users to submit additional information for person of authentication. In some instance when there is possibility of violation of site policies and/or terms and conditions we may ask user to send us proof or Identification card (ID) or utility bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online such as company name, demographic and others that may help us to verify your identity.
Ehalalfood.com may source or use information from third parties generally conduct a credit check on our users and suppliers by obtaining additional information about company, directors or owners from a credit bureau, as permitted by law.
All personal data shall be provided by you voluntarily unless where it is indicated as mandatory. Where the personal data is mandatory to be provided, failure to provide such information may result in Company not being able to process your request
Personal Information Usage
The primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide our users efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce Agreement;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Tell users about our services and those of our corporate family;
- Send users targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- Provide aggregate information to our Vendors about our users without disclosing information about identifiable individuals.
All personal information collected are sole for the purpose of ehalalfood.com. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
Our site users’ may indicate their preference either to receive marketing communications from us participate in our survey or promotional activities.
For any questions relating to your Personal Information or about this Policy, if you have a complaint regarding the collection, use or handling of your Personal Information by us, or a question about how we are complying with applicable Laws, you may contact our Support Officer via one of the following methods:
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Share of Your Information
We may share your personal information with:
- third-party service providers under contract who help with our business operations: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf such as order fulfillment, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating frauds and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Third parties giving promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups our users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust communication preferences in the profile page.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history;
- Brand Protection Program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, postal code,country, phone number, email address and company name; and
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. (Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be used contrary to this policy, you will receive prior notice.)
For the avoidance of doubt, If Company has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, personal investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing.
Further, Company may disclose the User’s identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, personal investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if Company is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so.
Company shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against Company for such disclosure.
We use third party cookies on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
The collection, use, and disclosure of information, including Personal Data, collected by such third party cookies are subject to the privacy and data protections policies of the third party vendors and are not under our control.
Ehalalfood.com User may reject third party cookies through the settings on your browser.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the Malaysia. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or personal communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or personal communications will always remain personal
Last Amended: 3 December 2019